Monday, June 23, 2008

A walk gone in a new direction

As you might figure out eventually this isn't Adam writing...it's his wife. Why you might ask? Because I have a story to tell, so listen up!


Adam and I wanted to go for a walk tonight, but we didn't want to walk in our neighborhood, so we decided to go to our favorite place to walk in Roseville, Central Park. As we were driving there we noticed some commotion going on. At first I thought it was an accident because there were lights and an ambulance and a barricade. But no! It was a PARADE!!! My little heart skipped a beat. I LOVE PARADES!! I've been kind of bummed because Adam and I won't be able to go see the Albert Lea 3rd of July parade this year and I really wanted to see a parade. Apparently this week is RoseFest which is kicked off with a parade!


I did have a few complaints with the parade however. A) The people refused to throw candy to me. Okay so i realize that i am not a kid but adults like candy just as much as children do! B) Marching bands that just march to clicks...lame! C) Princesses that aren't really princesses of anything but are allowed to sit on a moving vehicle and wave to people on the street D) Marching bands that sing instead of playing their instruments. There were at least 2 bands we saw out of 5 that sang as part of their performance. The only band I was somewhat impressed with was the Champlain Park band...they played Fiddler on the Roof which was pretty good. It made me miss the days of sweating in the wool uniforms and rolling my feet.



Overall it was an evening walk well spent. We got to be part of our city's parade, people watch, and be a marching band judge. Thanks for listening!


Maria


P.S.
I want a house

No comments: